Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cracked up to be review by Kaitlin Kimbrell

cracked up to be
by Courtney Summers


When you're perfect with everything you do people tend to want to be like you. Everybody body has a desire to be perfect, but what is the breaking point?
For Parker Fadley being perfect was all she knew. She was the perfect cheerleader, had the perfect popular boyfriend, the perfect best friend, and the perfect grades. Parker was the most popular girl at St. Peter's High, until that one night. That is when perfect Parker became the perfect mess. Nobody really knew why Parker started to come to school drunk, quit as captain of the cheerleading team, broke up with her boyfriend, and started to hate everyone. What happen to perfect Parker? Did she find her breaking point? Can you just not ever stay perfect like you think?
This book is not in my usual choices, but I really liked it. The struggles that Parker goes through actually shows what many people my age might be going through too. This put me in Parker shoes and made me think 'what would I have done if I would have been her?' I don't know what I would have done and I don't know who I would have wanted on my side, if anyone at all. This book did make me realize though that nobody is as perfect as we think.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This book is very good. I hope that you all read it! You might find it very intising!

Anonymous said...

Awww..this book seems depressing! I dislike those! I might read it. Good review~!

TheBookNurse said...

Ok, I want to know what caused Parker to fall apart?!