Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight Reviewed by Molly Varney

By: Jennifer E. Smith *****

Hadley never liked close spaces so airports weren't her favorite places to be. This was just another reason she didn't want to go to London. The main reason she didn't want to was because of her father's second marriage. She didn't want to meet his new wife or any of his new friends, and she did not want to walk down the aisle sfter spending hours on a plane. But for some reason her mother had insisted on her going. Things only got worse for Hadley when she got to the airport. So many things could have gone differently that morning, but whatever happened caused her to be four minutes late. Those four minutes would change Hadley's life, she just didn't know it. What she did know was that she had missed her flight and was stuck in an extremely crowded airport for hours by herself. What she didn't expect to find was a British guy named Oliver who was on her flight, just a seat away from her. As the two talk to pass the time, Hadley feels someting in her changing. She forgets about her father's wedding and the fight she had with her mother and thinks only about Oliver. After a long night stuck in a plane, growing closer to a guy she's just met, Hadley wonders if this is what it's like to fall in love. At the end of their flight, she's left with knowing what part of London Oliver is going to and just like that, he's gone. Hadley goes to face her father's wedding and expects the worst, but all her thoughts are on a certain British boy she met on a plane.

I really really liked this book. I thought it was pretty interesting and funny at some parts. Oliver was by far my favorite character because of his joking personality. For me, the book was hard to put down most of the time. It never seemed to get dry or boring and had me laughing at some points. I think my favorite part was near the end and the very end of the book. The ending was a little predictable but I was fine with that because I loved the story.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really want to read this book! This review is such a good one!

Anonymous said...

Molly! I'm def. reading this book next~!(or as soon as possible) Great review~!

TheBookNurse said...

I assume that Hadley and Oliver get together.....

Anonymous said...

I thought this book was interesting. It was weird to see two strangers fall in love in only a couple days. I thought your review was pretty well detailed.