Friday, March 2, 2012

Dairy Queen reviewed by Kaitlin Kimbrell

DAIRY QUEEN
By: Catherine Gilbert Murdock


For D.J. life is quiet and simple. Get up and work on the farm, do what her father says, go to school, and nothing much else. While this was all until Brian Nelson got into trouble and had to come help on the farm or get kicked off the football team and D.J. decided she wanted to play football like her brothers did. She figured why not, she was just as strong and fast (if not stronger and faster) then most of the guys on the team. D.J. believed that she could do it and lead the team all the way and maybe fall in love along the way. First though, she is going to have to break out of her shell, start talking about what is wrong, and get advice she doesn't want from people she doesn't really like. Will doing just that ruin any chances of her  getting on the team and living her dream? Read and find out!

I really enjoyed this book because it was inspirational and actually taught me a lot about the person I can be. The fact that D.J. was able to achieve all she wanted and even get more then she bargained for lifted my spirits and made me want to try just as hard as she did for what I want. I think that reading this book might inspire you to do something that you never thought you would be able to. Maybe, just maybe you will find your voice just where you have been needing to use it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THis book is so cute. I hope you read it if you haven't.

Anonymous said...

Nice review. I'll consider reading it ^ ^