Monday, March 5, 2012

Cinder--reviewed by Nallely S.


Cinder by Marissa Meyer

**** Stars

reviewed by Nallely S.

"A girl. A machine. A freak."- Cinder

After a terrible accident....sixteen-year old Cinder's life changes drastically. Being 36.28% non-human, Cinder is the stepdaughter of Adri Linh, living a cruel life...Cinder has lived through it all, after the death of her stepfather. Cinder is 36.28% cyborg. Knowing people don't accept her for what she is, Cinder tries to live a peaceful life by following everything Adri Linh says. One day while going to the junkyard, Cinder's stepsister Peony insists on going with Cinder and Iko. Earth isn't what it use to be. Filled with a plague that has killed off half the worlds population, Cinder experiences the horror of seeing what the plague does to people. During their trip to the junkyard, unexpected horrors happen....Peony catches the plague.....and Cinder is sold by her stepmother to a crazy scientist.

Cinder gets caught up in two worlds. The world of a cyborg and the world she always dreamed of living in...a girls dream. Meeting Prince Kai only makes matters worse. If only those were her only worries....a terrible secret is discovered....and it seems that Cinder is at the center of everything.......in this new series, Lunar Chronicles, we will see the life of a girl and a cyborg. A life where a girl only struggles to be accepted and to find love, and answers. Cinder let's us see the horror that human society has come to. Set in a futuristic world, we follow the story of a teenage girl and her struggles.

I rated Cinder * * * * stars because although I like Meyer, I felt that in this story she tried to delay a lot of things. I enjoyed reading it and I like Cinder. She's brave and doesn't let anything stop her. She has big dreams and she'll try to get there. This book caught my attention because it's set in Beijing, China, which you don't usually see. I thought that was interesting and the tale of Cinderella turned into Cyborg Cinderella was a interesting idea ^ ^. Hopefully the next installment is a little better and moves a little faster. ^ ^ I didn't like the ending~!! X< Cliff hangers are the worst!! X<

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness it is like you know what I want to read. Great reniew!

Anonymous said...

hahaha, I seriously think this book is very different and interesting.

Anonymous said...

I checked this out once but I didn't make it very far. I was quickly confused but I may have to check it out and try reading it again.

Anonymous said...

I've seen this book around the library a lot, and have even covered the next book in the series. Just the cover makes it eye catching to me, but I hadn't taken the time to read the inside cover. Cinder seems to have potential, and a pretty unique plot. Half girl and half cyborg? Weird in all honesty. Apocalyptic/world ending type books are cool, but this mixes it up a bit. Might read it, seems worth trying at least!