Monday, April 20, 2009

Another book review by Johanna Kelly

The Thirteenth Tale

Diane Setterfield

*** stars

No one knows anything about her. Vida Winter, a very famous author, has a creative mind where deep secrets are hidden. For decades Vida Winter has lied about her past. Now, the dying Ms. Winter will finally tell her story; a story with scandal and mystery. The story always comes down to twins. Twins have a way of thinking different from others. Twins are so close, they can never separate.


The Thirteenth Tale is never something I would have read on my own. It is very long, and its plot is slow. I am glad I read something different. There is so much in this book, and it makes you wonder who’s who and what’s what. If you are truly into gothic mysteries I would definitely recommend The Thirteenth Tale.

3 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

A great gothic mystery -- one of my favorites!

Hope Austin said...

It's a very well-done gothic mystery.

Johanna said...

Interesting to see the different perspectives on types of books. This is not my favorite.