Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Perfect Chemistry- Review by Sarah Gnefkow


Perfect Chemistry
by Simone Elkeles

***** Stars

Brittany Ellis is the most popular girl in the school. But underneath her life isn't so great, she has to keep up the image that her school life, home life, and family life is all perfect. In chemistry class she is partnered with the schools bad boy, Alex Fuentes. He is in a gang and has the image of doing drugs, getting arrested, and selling but just like Brittany he really isn't what he seems. Alex decides to make a bet with his friends that he can get with Brittany, he does this with no hesitation. But what Alex didn't realize was that Brittany was much more than money and being perfect, he discovered that her life was anything but that. Soon the bet he had made with his friends has turned into much more than he'd expected. They will have to face the reality of getting past the stereotypes and judgments of their families and fellow peers to be together. But will love be enough?

I loved this book, and a lot of my other friends did too! I did not want to put this book down at all and when I wasn't reading it I was always wondering what was going to happen next with Brittany and Alex. The book was written with alternate speakers, it would switch paragraphs back and forth between Brittany and Alex's point of views. I never wanted this book to end. The only thing that I was disappointed with about this book was the way it ended because I wanted to know more about what happened with them! All in all I definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes excitement and romance.

4 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

Good review -- I'm glad you liked it and hope you enjoy the sequel, Rules of Attraction, as much! I bought the set for the library.

Ian Zig. said...

well.. I can't say I'll read it, but it sounds like a perfect girl book... lol Also isn't that fun and different how they change the narrarator? I love it when books do that!

Halea Coulter said...

Eh, I feel like the story has been done too many times to be interesting.

Hope Austin said...

Yeah, I feel this kind of story is kind of a cliche. But if you likes it, I may have to check it out.