Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Review by Aspen Gates


Please Ignore Vera Dietz


A.S. King


**** stars



Vera Deitz has had it rough since she was twelve. From her mother running off with some other man when Vera was twelve, to her best or ex-best friend winding up dead when she was seventeen. Now eighteen years old, Vera continues on with her life with her dad, or she tries to, but what nobody knows is the secret she's keeping that could clear her dead ex-best friends name from being the one who burned down Zimmerman's Pet Store. However, Vera stays quiet and continues to work delivering pizzas across town ignoring her dead friend Charlie's signals about clearing his name. But what is really stopping Vera from telling the police what really happened to the Pet store? And who was actually responsible for it?

I gave Please Ignore Vera Dietz four stars because even though it turned out good in the end, I had to really push myself to want to read this book at the beginning. However, I really felt that this book showed a lot of what teens go through with peer pressure, and it shows that not every body can overcome it. I definitely recommend this book to those who like books on people trying to overcome there fears. So check this book out in the O'Hara library.




5 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

I wasn't quite sure what this was about when I ordered it, but it got a lot of good pre-release reviews. I'm glad you ended up liking it after all!

Ian Zig. said...

I hate it when books have slow beginnings... I find it unbearable, and much prefer a book to start with something that grabs my attention immediately.. Can't say I'll read it.

Halea Coulter said...

Eh, doesn't sound any good to me, I probably won't read it.

Sarah Gnefkow said...

Doesn't sound too interesting, I might take a look at it.

Hope Austin said...

The book isn't very engaging at all. I think someone has to be really into it if they want to know what happened. That being said, I liked how the characters weren't completely two-demensional.