Monday, February 7, 2011

Traitor -- a review by George Morejon




Traitor
by Andy McNab and Robert Rigby

**** stars

Traitor is about a 17 year old boy who wants to join the British SAS, but gets denied after having a perfect application because his missing grandfather, Fergus Watts, went rogue in a secret mission in Colombia. Because of this, Danny hates him and makes it his mission to find his grandfather to turn him in. With some help from Elena, he eventually is able to track down Fergus, but everything changes when Danny hears what he has to say. All of a sudden, people are wanting to kill him and they have are running around England trying to get to people who know the truth.

This book was interesting in the way Danny learned so much in so little time, while still being a stupid teenager in way over his head. It was about 4,5 hours to read, and had some useful things I won't forget soon (like 1 200 paces is about a kilometre). The ending wasn't too much of a cliff hanger, and it got me curious about reading the next books.

7 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

I ordered the second one in the series just to see if it has enough of a plot line to keep readers interested in finishing the whole series. I wondered if it was more like Young James Bond or the Alex Rider series?

Aspen Gates said...

I've had my eye on this series and I just might check it out

Ian Zig. said...

I've read this book and I thought it was really good! I'm reading the second one in the series now, and so far its keeping my attention pretty good!

Halea Coulter said...

It sounds good enough, I may pick it up

Sarah Gnefkow said...

It sounds like I will probably get into it.

Hope Austin said...

Eh, this doesn't seem to be my kind of book. I'll pass.

Chris Scott said...

this book is amazing