Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Trapped - a review by George Morejon

Trapped
by Michael Northrop

*** stars

Trapped is told from Scotty's point of view, one of the kids trapped. That day, it started snowing. A LOT. As the afternoon goes on, it gets worse and worse. People leave, even the teacher that's suppose to stay with them. After a hours and hours of waiting, it's just Scotty, some friends of his, 2 girls, and 2 other guys. And they realise that no one is going to come get them.

At first it doesn't seem so bad. A sleep over at school. Getting to see what's different about it. Not to mention the fact that the girls there a pretty hot. Great time, yeah?

Wrong. Things quickly go from kinda bad to much worse. People getting upset over little things, arguing, and people's plans not working correctly all push everyone's buttons in the wrong way. The way they start annoying each other so fast is just a baaad sign. And then a giant accident happens...

I thought this was a good book, and it was funny that I got it right after we had a big snow storm since that made it real easy saying "What if this was people I knew?" I took ~4 hours to get through, and while it had some slow parts, I kept wanting to read more to find out what was happening. The ending was kinda abrupt though, like the publisher cut out the last few chapters. And unrelated thing, but one thing I like is how the chapter title pages have snow falling, and it slowly build each chapter, until it's just completely overwhelmed. Cool, random detail.

6 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

Some have compared this book to Lord of the Flies -- do you have any comment on that?
It looked interesting, thanks for the review!

Ian Zig. said...

That sounds interesting.. I kinda want to read it, and that thing about the chapter title pages with the falling snow sounds really cool! I'll have to at the very least check that out

Halea Coulter said...

That sounds pretty awesome, I've been wanting to read it ever since we got it in.

Sarah Gnefkow said...

Sounds pretty cool, I might have to take a look at that.

Hope Austin said...

That actually sounds pretty col, I'm gonna have to check it out.

Aspen Gates said...

What do you know another book I've got to check out