Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Atlantis Complex -- Review by Ian Ziglinski


The Atlantis Complex

#7 in the Artemis Fowl series

By Eoin Colfer


**** stars

The Atlantis Complex by Eoin Colfer was an excellent read! Artemis has changed his ways, and plans to save the world. But his newfound paranoia, has made him unable to trust anyone, not even his mosted trusted companion Butler. Artemis has gone wacko! But even worse there's now a different side to Artemis is the sappy romantic trying to win over our favorite fairy with charm and manners. I'll admit the only thing I wish it didn't put so much emphasis on was the global warming and that is the only reason I gave it 4 stars, but it still had all the action and suspence that I had been expecting. I loved the wrench thrown in with Artemis going crazy! That was entirely new with this series, and it was surprising, but also fascinating! The Butlers, I'm pleased to say, have yet to disappoint! The fight scenes were incredible, just as always. Of course all of Artemis's Fairy friends were back, Foaly with his almighty geekness, Mulch with his ridiculous never-ending humor, and Holly with her blunt get-the-job-done attitude! Finally my one true love of this series, the detail. Colfer puts so much detail in every single one of his books, and he didn't stop with this one!

I higly recomend this book, and the whole series for that matter, to anyone who loves fantasy mixed with some gun-ko action and a plot that keeps you reading!

13 comments:

Nakeia Lewis said...

This book sounds very interesting!!

Anonymous said...

This book looks really cool.

Alexandra Lopez said...

I've only read the first book in in the series, I enjoyed it very much but not enough to read the second book, after reading this review, i might just go and read the series. Sounds really good

Nick Hanaway said...

This book sounds amazing!! I love the Artemis Fowl series.

madison clark said...

This book sounds fabulous!

Eric Sullentrup said...

I like the cover of this book. It interests me.

Myles Moses said...

This seems like a good book

Payton Hannahs said...

The books sound really interesting.

Aspen said...

Wow, I have never read the Atemis Fowls series, but now i'm deinately looking forward to reading them now.

Amy Lyon said...

I can't wait to read this book, the series is one of my favorites. Uhh, Ian.....mosted trusted?

Michael Weaver said...

this book looks very interesting cant wait to read it.

Ian Zig. said...

Only You would check my gramatical errors Amy! Aspen, trust me you won't regret reading the series, its phenominal!

George Morejon said...

I might have too look at this and at least try it to see how the descriptivness is. I'll probably try reading the first chapter to get a feel for it.