Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Linger -- a review by Aspen Gates



Linger (Wolves of Mercy Falls, Book 2)

by Maggie Stiefvater

***** stars

Maggie Stiefvater does it again with her latest book, Linger the sequel to Shiver. In this gripping story Grace and Sam who live in Mercy Falls, have accepted a future together since Sam has been cured of becoming a wolf. However it may not be the same case for Grace since she is starting to feel all the symptoms of what happens to someone before they become a wolf. On the other hand Isabelle is trying to cope with her brothers death, her parents arguing and drinking, and on top of that may have a potential boyfriend. Cole, who is hiding a secret past and pretends to be a badass wolf, meets a girl that he might actually care for, and for the first time feels wanted.

If you are interested in this type of fiction, then you must definitely check out this series, starting with Shiver. The third book, Forever, will come out in 2011 so I’m definitely excited about it and for those who wish to read this incredible series, please check it out at the O’Hara Library.

By: Aspen Gates

7 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

I read the first book in this series some time ago, would I have to reread it or does it give enough background so that I can just pick up this one and go with it?

Aspen Gates said...

I believe this book does give enough back ground on what happened in the last book because I will admit it had been a minute as well, but you should be alright to continue to Linger.

Anonymous said...

this looks like a great book to read.. Austin Pearcy...

Amy Lyon said...

I do enjoy werewolves(that aren't named Jacob), this may be going on my extensive list of books to read....there are just so many good ones.

Hope Austin said...

From what I've heard, this series doesn't seem to be yet another Twilight knockoff, so I may have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

looks like a good book I'll have to read it some time... Corey Schell

corey schell said...

looks like a good book I'll have to read it some time... Corey Schell