Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Night My Sister Went Missing -- a review by Bryce Foster

The Night My Sister Went Missing
by Carol Plum-Ucci

**** stars

Imagine your parents going out of town and you have the freedom to go to an abandoned part of an island. To party on a dune with some of your friends not worrying about responsibility until something bad could come of it. This is a book of a brother, Kurt (17) and his younger sister, Casey (15). They both go to a party that involves the influence of alcohol and other substances. This leads to someone bringing what is thought to be a toy gun. The friends pass it around admiring how realistic it looks, but the gun goes off and Casey ends of missing into the water. She cannot be found by anyone. Her brother, the police, no one can find her. This story has to do with conforming to a group. The effects of a teen that was mistreated and abused by a family member that took a toll on her life. Who is to blame of Casey’s disappearance? Why is everyone pointing fingers at a girl named Stacy? Did Casey disappear into the water from the impact of the shot or did she dive in? Who is the one found dead?


Personally the book was very interesting because of the mystery. It gives you the suspense of what’s going to come next. It’ll also leave you wondering.


This was an excellent read, if you enjoy discovering mysteries. This particular storyline is great for a teenager because you can put yourself into the shoes of the two character’s, and imagine what you would do if this happened to you. This novel was also a little confusing because of all the characters involved in the storyline, but all together it made me focus on the book even more.


This book was written by Carol Plum-Ucci. An author who has written many thrillers, mysteries, and suspense stories such as Fire with Fall, Streams of Babel, The Body of Christopher Creed.


27 comments:

Ayana Hubbard said...

This book seems like a good read, I will most likely check this book out.I love mysteries.

Reilly Sweeney said...

This book sounds really good. It sounds like my kind of book.

Mikaela Mitchell said...

This title got me interested as soon as I read it! It sounds so fantastic! I'm going to get this book someday.

Christine Hill said...

I read this book.

Anonymous said...

This book looks good! The title of it got my attention. I'll probably check it out. :)

-Hannah Tarwater-

Amanda Hinrichs said...

This book looks soooo exciting! The title caught my eye. As soon as I saw the title I had to read the interview/comments. I think im going to check it out soon!

-Amanda Hinrichs-

Lizzie Freeland said...

I can't wait to check out this book!

Eric Sullentrup said...

This book seems interesting based on the other reviews. I also like the title and cover. I would recommend this book.

jordan alexander said...

this book looks good i would read it

Tricia Wankum said...

this title caught my eye as i was scrolling down the page. sounds like it would be a pretty good book.

Kaitlin Kimbrell said...

This book looks very interesting. The fact that you have a mystery that you are trying to figure out during this book seems like it would keep the reader interest until the find out what happens in the end. I would love to read this book some time soon.

Hope Austin said...

I'm torn. I loved The Body of Christopher Creed and What Happened to Lani Garver, but the way she ended them was absolutely infuriating. Nevertheless, I'm probably going to put this one my list.

Amanda Hart said...

Amanda Hart: this book looks really good i might just have to read it!

alyssa hernandez said...

this book sounds amazing!!! im so totally gonna chekit out!!!

Chase Koob said...

Chase Koob: This book looks really interesting. I love a good mystery. I might have to check this book out!!

Whitney Nelson said...

This seems like a very interesting book.

Alex Higinbotham said...

This book looks interesting. I would check it out.

Natalie Seck said...

This sounds like a really good book that I want to read! I think I would like the mystery of it.

jgustin said...

This sounds like a great book. I really want to read it sometime.

Aspen Gates said...

This book sounds very intriguing and I just might read it.

jgustin said...

This sounds like a great book to read. I really want to check it out sometime.

jgustin said...

This sounds like a great book to read. I really want to check it out sometime.

jgustin said...

This sounds like a great book. I have always wanted to read this. I really want to check it out.

Kayla Greer said...

This book looks very interesting the cover looks mysterious and like it would keep you entertained!!

Brianna Wright said...

This book seems to have lots of action and suspense. I have always loved to read mystery books. The Night My Sister Went Missing is just a great title so I would definetely love to check out and read this book!

Johanna said...

It's so funny reading 24 positive comments about this book. I did not like it at all. My review is further back. In my opinion, this book was scattered, it is hard to follow, and the emotions aren't realistic. Just my opinion, maybe a good one for book club?

Ian Zig. said...

It sounds like really good read, the plot sounds like it could just rope you into the story. I think I'm check this one out