Friday, September 24, 2010

The Clockwork Angel -- a review by Amy Lyon


The Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1)

By Cassandra Clare

****stars

For those of you that know the Mortal Instruments series, this is the beginning of the prologue series about Jace's ancestors. Clockwork Angel tells the compelling story of Tessa Gray, from her kidnapping in England to her true identity being revealed….sort of. Tessa is kidnapped by the Dark Sisters as a gift for the Magister. Luckily for Tessa, the Shadowhunters save her from the torture of the change. For you see, Tessa is a very unique Downworlder, the likes of which have rarely been seen. Tessa is a shape-changer with the ability to get into the mind of the person she is mimicking. Tessa is offered sanctuary, and help finding the brother she traveled so far to find, by the Conclave in London. As she adjusts to her new lifestyle, Tessa can't help but wonder if the brother who traveled to England to find work will be the man she meets. Soon Tessa will have to decide between the brother she thought she knew and her new friends at the Conclave….

As usual, Clare has portrayed her fantastical world with thrilling twists and amazing characters. This book constantly guessing what would happen next and the unexpected cliffhanger ending had me almost salivating for more. I cannot wait for the next in this series. For anyone who has read the Mortal Instruments series, this is a must read.

PS: There are 3 more books in the Mortal Instruments series coming soon. For sneak peeks, check out Clare's website.

PPS: If the name isn't a giveaway, the attitude will tell you exactly who is Jace's ancestor.

13 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

This actually sounds quite interesting and I think I will read it. Good review, Amy.

Ian Zig. said...

I definitely going to check this out! Not just because it really does sound quite intriguing, but also because I loved the first three books! Thanks for your input, I hadn't even realized the next book had come out

Aspen Gates said...

OMG I am definitely going to check this book out. From reading the first three books Just cannot wait.

Bryce Foster said...

it seems like an action story ill have to check further into this one.

MArkel Shepard said...

im going to go check this book right nox

Zach Snoddy said...

I loved this movie, cant wait to read the book.

Nallely said...

OMG! i really want to read this book! I read the mortal instruments and they were amazing! i love Jase! Im hoping it will be as good as the Mortal Instruments!
X)

Chandler Culton said...

I think that this book looks very interesting to read. I would most likely end up cheking this book out to read someday

Cyrus DeVry said...

This book looks very interesting and different than any fantasy book I have ever read.

Amy Lyon said...

Y'all will love this, and not just for its amazing twists....you'll never guess the end til the very last sentence. Is your heart racing with anticipation yet?

Amy Lyon said...

For those of you that have read the Mortal Instruments series(yes series). The next three books are: City of Fallen Angels, City of Lost Souls, and City of heavenly Fire. Now the only question is... Do you remember the Fairy Queen's warning?
Are y'all salivating in anticipation yet ?

Anonymous said...

I have actually been thinking about reading this book. I am very glad that I read this post because it makes me want to read it even more. I am excited to read this book now!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book! I loved this series more than The Mortal Instruments to be honest. The setting was perfect, I loved the characters, and the love triangle actually did cosntantly keep me guessing and trying to choose a side throughout all three books. Cassandra Clare is a talented author and I hope I see more from her soon! Her characters are spunky and have completely different personalities that don't all run together and I love that! I would definitely tell anyone looking for a book to give this one a try.