Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Mockingjay -- review by Halea Coulter

Mockingjay


by Suzanne Collins


3 and a half out of 5 stars


The book Mockingjay was the most predictable way that the Hunger Games series could have ended. It had plenty of twist and turns, and there were some plot even that shocked, and scared me, but it was predictable, right up to the very end. Mockingjay comes in not too long after the last one left off, Peeta has been taken by the Capitol, and Katniss by the rebels, and that creates conflict throughout the book. It opens with Katniss left with the ashes of her home, and the book focuses mainly on the battle between the Capitol and the Rebels.


Overall I liked the book, but its was extremely dark and depressing, even worse than the previous two, and even though reading it put me in a depressed mood, i would read it again, because I think Elizabeth Collins is a brilliant write, and i cant wait to see what she comes up with next.


9 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

I wrote a review of this book as well, Halea. I'll publish it a bit later on :)
Thanks for sharing your thoughts about it -- wonder how the movie will turn out and who will portray Katniss!?

Jacob Kamradt said...

I have just started this book and I think I will like it.

Giselle Sanchez said...

This past weekend, I started The Hunger games series. After finishing the first book, I was very pleased with everything about the book (writing style, characters, & so forth). I've been told that The Hunger Games is the best book of the series & so I'm a bit sad to be finishing it. I'm excited to start reading Catching Fire (not so much Mocking Jay from what I've heard of it). I hope that I'll somewhat like it because of Suzanne Collins writing style.

Anonymous said...

Hi I have heard about these books, my friends have read them, however I have never read them, but from what many other people have said, these books sound really good and I think I am going to read them. Thanks Halea!

-Stephanie Best

mike wulff said...

I decided to read this book trilogy because of its interesting plot. The characters and details of the story were annoying. Not one of the characters seemed realistic, all of them were just cowering children fighting, and winning, a war by themselves that would really have taken thousands of soldiers. Fiction at its worst.

Connor Coffman said...

I have read the first two books The Hunger Games and Catching Fire but I am waiting to read this book. This book series is also very interesting as well.

rachel ryan said...

this book looks really interseting i still have to read the other books

Anonymous said...

this book looks really good i will get it at my public library instead because everyone is reading it!

-hailey jordan

George Morejon said...

I've had this series recommended to me multiple times. It seems good, but I don't know how I feel about the ending from what I've heard people say.