Thursday, September 2, 2010

Incarceron -- Review by Amy Lyon


Incarceron


By Catherine Fisher


**** stars

Outside, the world is ruled by Protocol, a decree from a previous king that everyone and everything should look like the era of his choosing. Claudia is the daughter of the Warden of Incarceron, a mysterious prison that was sealed long before her father came to hold his power. Claudia wants nothing more than to find the gates of Incarceron, in the hopes of blackmailing her father into undoing his carefully laid plans to make her Queen.


Inside is riddled with thieves and murderers ready to plunder and enslave at a moment's notice. Although Finn has participated in many ambushes and raids, his heart was never in it. His main focus was his visions, which he believed were memories from his time Outside. On his last raid he kidnapped a woman, for she knew something about the so far unexplainable tattoo on his arm. Finn decided he must find out what this woman knows, she may hold the key to his past.

In seemingly separate worlds, Finn and Claudia discover identical keys to (and from) Incarceron. With these keys comes the ability to communicate, and neither Claudia nor Finn can resist. Soon they embark on a journey neither one is prepared for. And when dark secrets are revealed, will Finn and Claudia be able to claim their destinies or will they be swept away in the Era?


Incarceron is a thrilling combination of subtle fantasy and overwhelming sci fi futuristic elements. I truly enjoyed this book; there were so many twists and turns. Incarceron kept me guessing until the last page. Once I thought I had figured out what had happened, a new element was introduced. Having read other books by Catherine Fisher, I was not surprised to find myself engrossed in her newest trilogy. I would recommend Incarceron to fans of Cassandra Clare's Immortal Instruments trilogy.

PS: The sequel is coming out later this year.



16 comments:

Annie Mahlberg said...

Woah, this cover looks awesome! I think I will read this book in the future!

Zachary Cianciolo said...

The cover looks very cool and interesting.

Peter Briggs said...

This book looks really interesting i will defiantly have to read this in the near future

Timmy O'Donnell said...

This book looks and sounds like I want to read it! I love those types of books

taylor zagar said...

good book review i thought it was good

ashaffer said...

This book looks interesting. The cover looks dark and mysterious. I might want to check it out!

Anonymous said...

Wow! this book looks reallly interesting... I think I might read it. - Jayel Gant

jayel gant said...

this book looks really interesting.... I might read it.

Corbett McKinney said...

This is a great book with an amazing twist. To anyone who is thinking about reading it, you should.

Kaiya Fortson said...

looks like an interesting book, good review.
-Kaiya Fortson

Jae Won Choi said...

The book cover is very glamorous. I want to try to read this book when I have lots time to read.

Aspen Gates said...

I couldn't agree more this was an amazing book and I can't wait to read the next one.

Anonymous said...

i like the looks of this book! i might have to read it in the future! - Ben Janet

George Morejon said...

Lots of people seem to like this book, and just the cover makes it really stand out. The direction the story is seems really different.

Amy Lyon said...

Oh Aspen, the sequel comes out this year...I can't wait.

Anonymous said...

Great review, it reflects the same things that I think about the book. Already read the sequel and it's just as good as this book.