Tuesday, April 12, 2011

City of Fallen Angels- Review by Aspen Gates

City of Fallen Angels

Cassandra Clare


*** 1/2 stars



City of Fallen Angels continues on with three leading characters Clary, Jace, and Simon trying to sort out there issues on who they really are. From Clary and Jace acknowledging the fact that they were never siblings, and can love each other conditionally, to Simon accepting that he is a vampire, but will forever be different since he can walk in the sunlight and nobody can do him bodily harm thanks to Clary giving him the Mark of Cain. However, nothing ever turns out as easy as some want it to especially these three. Clary and Jace are so happy to be together until Jace starts pulling away from Clary due to his nightmares, or are they his? Simon is still living at home with his mother, trying to hide his true self from her which really isn't helping either of them, not to mention he is dating to beautiful girls, one a werewolf and the other a shadowhunter. But that's not all that's going on with Simon someone wants him dead, but due to his mark nobody can touch him or they suffer seven fold. And to top it all off someone is killing off shadowhunter's that had originally been apart of Valentine's army and blaming it on the downworlder's which will soon cause another war that was suppose to have ended. If You don't know what I'm talking about at all then I suggest you go read the first three, City of Bones, City of Ashes, and City of Glass to help you understand this a whole lot better in the O'Hara library.


I thought City of Fallen Angles was a good continuation of The Mortal Instruments series however, it made me really angry and confused at times. There were parts in there that didn't really go well with the story, and I felt that Cassandra Clare could have elaborated on those points a little better. Also I felt that the author was really putting to much pressure and helplessness on one character through out the book and that really made me wan to throw the book out, but of course I didn't so instead I rated this book with 3 1/2 stars for that. Though I'm saying a lot of negative things about this book, there were plenty of amazing scenes and I can't wait for book number five and hopefully that will clear some things up and make this series a great story like I know it's capable of being.







8 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

As much as you and the others have talked about this series, I guess I am going to have to read it! Good to know about how these related to that newer book as well.

Halea Coulter said...

I tried to read the first book but couldn't get into it.

George Morejon said...

That sounds like a lot going on at once

Amy Lyon said...

Loved it and hated it

Sarah Gnefkow said...

It doesnt sound like me

Hope Austin said...

I don't think this series is for me.

Anonymous said...

After reading this book I'm ready for the next book in the series to come out.

Anonymous said...

I agree that this book had many ups and downs but feel that all the ups heavily outweighed the downs. So much so that I plan on re-reading this book and series.