Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Whispers --- a review by Amy Lyon

Whispers
by Dean Koontz

****

From his first meeting with Hillary Thomas, Bruno Frye knew he wanted her...dead. After his first attempt, Detective Anthony Clemenza gets involved. The two start to dig into Frye's past when she is attacked again, but that's not possible...he bled to death a few days earlier. The deeper the Hillary and Tony go, the more disturbing things get. Can they discover the truth? Or will Hillary end up dead as intended?


As Dean Koontz first novel, it wasn't disappointing, perhaps less gruesome. The twists and turns had me on the edge of my seat throughout the novel. Definitely recommmend.


7 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

This is one of my favorites of this author's books! I like the thriller and suspense genre! I recommend his early books so much more than his later ones!

Halea Coulter said...

I'm not sure about this one . . . maybe

George Morejon said...

Sounds very... suspenceful

Amy Lyon said...

its a tad graphic.

Ian Zig. said...

This sounds interesting.. doubt I'll ever read it.

Sarah Gnefkow said...

I think I'm going to try and get into this book

Hope Austin said...

This is definitely a maybe.