Monday, November 29, 2010

Found- Review by Aspen Gates


Found

Margaret Peterson

**** stars


Found is about this thirteen year old kid named Jonah who has known he's been adopted since he was little, but has never questioned why. That is until he receives a letter in the mail saying, "You are one of the missing." At first Jonah believes it's just some prank and ignores it until his new friend Chip is sent a letter saying the exact same thing. However, Chip didn't know he was adopted and now is more paranoid than ever to find out who sent the letters. Jonah on the other hand wants to forget about the hold thing and almost does until another letter is sent to him and Chip saying, "Beware! They're coming for you." Now Jonah is wondering where he, Chip, and thirty-four other kids really came from and why their cases are involved with the FBI. So Jonah, Chip and Jonah's little sister Katherine set out to solve a mystery that not only involves the FBI, but time travel, and people reappearing and disappearing. Will Jonah, Chip, and Katherine solve the mystery? And if they do will Jonah have to make a decision that will affect the lives not only of himself, but his sister Katherine and the rest of the 'Missing' kids? Read this novel to find out.

I thought this book was pretty good considering the age group. Plus I wasn't quite sure what the plot would be and that really gets my attention when the summary doesn't give hardly any real insight to what the story could be about. I gave this book four stars because although I was impressed with the story, I kind of felt that it was dragging in some areas, but I cannot wait to read Sent and Sabotaged which are the next two in The Missing series.

7 comments:

Amy Lyon said...

I want to read this series. Haddix is a fairly good author.

TheBookNurse said...

The whole missing kid thing always intrigues me and the covers also made the series very appealing. Glad to now this was good. I've read several other books by this author and enjoyed them as well! Particularly one -- Running Out of Time. We have Turnabout here in the library -- another one of her books.

Bryce Foster said...

interesting. mysterious are always good. i have some friends that are adopted. this might intrigue them.
i know i might have to look into this one!

Ian Zig. said...

That sounds pretty good, definitely right up my alley! When I get the time I'll have to read it... And maybe, just maybe, Ms. crawford will let me do the male P.O.V. review...

Amy Lyon said...

Okay.... I'm officially weirded out.

George Morejon said...

Another mystery book about "misplaced" persons? I'll try checking it out sometime.

Michael Menne said...


i thought that this review explained what happens in the book without giving away spoilers very well. I really enjoyed this book and also the whole rest of the series. i feel like this is a must read if you enjoy dramatic, action books