Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Red Pyramid -- A review by Ian Zig.



The Red Pyramid

by Rick Riordan

****

The Red Pyramid is a fantastic story about two young siblings, Carter and Sadie, who are thrown into a world of Egyptian magic by a mistake of their father. Their mother died six years before in a horrible accident that was never fully explained or understood. But now their father has been drug down to the underworld in a sarcophagus by the evil demon Set, and they must save their father before Set destroys the world! Will they save their father in time? Will they survive the extremely dangerous task set before them? You'll have to read to find out!


I really enjoyed The Red Pyramid, it was definitely my type of book. I gave it four stars only because I wish that the main characters were a little older. Other than that it was a fantastic non-stop thrill ride! I couldn't put it down! I suggest this book to anyone who loves to read suspense and fantasy, the whole scheme did a terrific job at pulling me into the story!

10 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

I wish he'd just stick to one series at a time -- but you know how these authors have to capitalize on their success and write across the ages to make money!! Glad you liked it, though, cause I wondered if it would be a drawback with the kids being young.

Bryce Foster said...

i don't think this would catch my interest too much.. i'm just not into fantasy.. it sounds kind of sad also.

Ian Zig. said...

Their age was a slight drawback, but the storyline was awesome! I'lldefinitely read any other that come out of this series

Amy Lyon said...

Evil demon? I thought Set was an Egyptian god(but you know authors)... I will most likely check this out. Strangely, Ian and I have the same taste in books.

Aspen Gates said...

even though this book looks like something I would have read in middle school, I can't help but want to read it still.

Ian Zig. said...

Amy.. that isn't really that strange... I have great taste in books! And apparently you do too! and thats a great thing

George Morejon said...

Getting launched into ancient Egypt isn't something i would normally expect when reading a book.

Hope Austin said...

Eh, I'm not really feeling this one either.

Anonymous said...

The main reason I won't read this series is because all of Rick Riordan's novels are the same: a child who learns he is a demi-god and must go on adventures. They are all the same with slight differences.

Unknown said...

I really liked this book and it really got me into Egyptian mythology I recommend it to anyone interested in Egyptian history