Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Point Blank-- a review by Bryce Foster


Point Blank

By: Anthony Horowitz

**** stars


The novel is the second in the series of the author, Anthony Horowitz. It is about a boy who is roughly at age 14. His name is Alex Rider and he is the youngest agent of MI6. He is the secret weapon of MI6.

He is sent on a mission when MI6 links a death to a boarding school for rebellious, delinquent sons of the rich and famous. Alex discovers Dr. Grief has formed clones and forming duplicates of each teen through plastic surgery. He plans to send the clones’ home and use them to receive political secrets and power. Then, Alex's cover is blown and he is left to the mercy of Dr. Grief unless he can devise a plan to escape and warn MI6 before it is too late. At Point Blanc, Alex finds out quick that on the upper floors look like the main floor. In fact, He is told that they have exact replica of the rooms and there are Clones acting like what the kids downstairs are. The big question is how is Alex going to save the day?

Personally, I found this book was exciting to read. It caught my interest and since this was the 2nd book in the series I definitely want to read the rest because it is a mystery you want to find out. I rated it 4 stars because I liked the book but it seemed as if a 14-year was telling it and since I’m 18 I see things way differently. Overall, I would recommend it to someone that like mysteries. If you are into action books you would also most likely enjoy reading this one.

No comments: