Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Halt's Peril -- a review by Ian Ziglinski


Halt's Peril (#9 Ranger's Apprentice)

by John Flanagan

***** stars

Will's racing through the countryside again, but this time he has an alarming sense of worry and panic. Halt and Will were ambushed by the Genovesians while tracking Tennyson and his band of bandits and murderous cutthroats, and Halt was scratched by a poisoned bolt! Will, plagued with concern for his former master, hurries to Castle Macindaw to get the help of his "wizard" healer, who's possibly the only person who will be able to cure Halt. Is Will going to make it in time? Will he save Halt from certain death from the treacherous Genovesian's poison? you'll have to read it to find out!

I found the ninth book of the Ranger's Apprentice just as good as all the others, if not even better! I loved the whole sense of urgency in the book, and it even compels you to keep reading! I found it a very good, very quick read. I would recommend this book to anyone, but for it to have any meaning you must read the whole series! If you have, definitely read this book it'll keep you on the edge of your seat from start to finish!

4 comments:

George Morejon said...

It reeeally seems like you hate to give any hints what happens in a book Ian. I read the review and I'm like «ugh!, tell me more!»

Aspen Gates said...

Wow Ian, I just might actually read this fascinating series. It sounds like something I would enjoy reading. Can't wait!

John Day said...

I think this looks like a very good book, and it also looks like a very good series.

Luke Banderas said...

I thought this book, as well as, the entire series was a great read. The book really makes you feel Will's emotion. When he is riding to save Halt, you can feel his urgency and worry about his teacher's well being as if you personally knew Halt.