Friday, October 29, 2010

A Long Way from Chicago -- a review by Joshua Madden

A Long Way from Chicago
Author: Richard Peck
Rating: 4 stars

A Long Way from Chicago is a book about two young city children from Chicago named Joey and Mary Alice in 1929. Every summer for 7 summers they visit their Grandma Dowdel's who lives in a boring old town in Illinois. For those 7 summers each one was never the same different adventures, one funnier than the next. What is so ironic about this town is that even though it seems like a town full of nothing but boredom; it's really full of fun and adventure. On these visits they have some crazy events that take place that a person would never forget for the rest of their lives. So go ahead and check this book out and take part in these wild and crazy adventures.

The book A Long Way from Chicago is a really good book I liked reading it. I really loved the way the author, Richard Peck, helped make a vivid picture in my mind of the events. It made me feel like I was there with Joey and Mary on every wild and crazy adventure. I liked the book because it made me think of the things me and my family used to do in the summer. Also it made me laugh from the time I picked it up till I put it down. I would surely recommend this book to people that love adventure and humorist style of books. So go ahead and check this book out at Archbishop O'Hara High school and I promise you that it will have you laughing till the point you start streaming tears.

No comments: