Thursday, October 28, 2010

Over the End Line


Over the End Line

Alfred C. Martino

***** 5 Stars

The class superstar, the best on the soccer team, a straight-A student and the highest on the Milburn High’s social ladder, Kyle Saint-Claire is everything Jonny Fehey wishes to be. They have been best friend’s sense they first met as children but on the soccer field Kyle is a starter while Jonny starts on the bench. Everybody gathers to watch Milburn High play soccer and in their championship game Jonny scores the winning goal. He finally feels his life has changed from being a backup on the bench to someone of popularity and now importance. All is well until the after party where everything goes downhill. A fellow classmate is raped and some of the players are filled with so much guilt it will test them to the end. There is no happily ending in this book and will not only surprise Jonny but will have your mouth dropped open as well.

This probably was my favorite book I have ever read. I liked this book first off because it had to do with soccer but as I read on it had a little of action and suspenseful things that caught me off guard. I would recommend this not only just to soccer players but of any sports background. It’s a great high school teenage book. Over the End Line is the only of its kind with no series. I couldn’t tell you what books it could be compared to because I’m not much of a reader myself but now I’m going to search for more like this one.

6 comments:

Chris Mitchell said...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!'

Anonymous said...

Interesting.

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting...

Anonymous said...

I am not a 17 year old boy and I don't play soccer. I don't think I would like this book.

Jordan Gudde said...

Interesting......

AndyMitchell said...

Hm. Interesting. Very interesting... I am considering checking this out.