Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Alex Rider: Scorpia Rising -- A review by Ian Zig.



Alex Rider: Scorpia Rising

By Anthony Horowitz

**** Stars


The teenage spy, Alex Rider, is back in his newest adventure! Alex has left MI6, but the world renowned criminal organization Scorpia has plans that center around Alex. Scorpia wishes to expose Alex as a teenage spy to Blackmail the British government, and of course their plans involve the death of Alex for the humiliation that he caused them! An evil scientist that first wants to experiment on alex for his disturbing "scientific" study on measuring pain before killing him! Scorpia has displayed fantastic misdirection, all to play Alex directly into their trap in Cairo. Alex was attacked at school by an unknown shooter, causing MI6 to send relocate Alex. But MI6 has just been presented with a mission that just happens to be perfect for alex in a international school in Cairo... But Jack Starbright has refused to let him go alone and insisted on being sent with him. Will Alex defeat Scorpia once again?.. Or will he suffer the fate of the terrible curiousity of a scientist?.. Read and find out!


I really liked Scorpia Rising! This entire series has been such a great thrillride! I highly recommend reading this book to all lovers of the Alex Rider series. I gave this book 4 stars, mostly because I give hardly anything 5 stars anymore. But this book was an awesome adventure that really draws you into it. It was a trully great read, and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

7 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

So does this mean that the series is finally done? It seems like it has spanned about 10 years! Glad you have enjoyed it and recommended it.

Amy Lyon said...

I suppose I should finish the series...

Halea Coulter said...

Haven't started the series so I don't think I will.

Aspen Gates said...

Have nver read the series, but I think I might now.

Hope Austin said...

I've never read the series, either.

Ian Zig. said...

Idk how much girls would like it, but if you like details, then you should find it interesting.. but then again the details in this book are more towards boys.. like seeing a guy with a gun, most books would just say "omg he has a gun" but this series would tell what gun specifically the bad guy is holding.

Sarah Gnefkow said...

I haven't rad the series so I probably won't end up reading it.