Thursday, March 3, 2011

Payback -- A review by Ian Zig.




Payback

by Andy McNab and Robert Rigby

****


Danny and Fergus Watts are back and ready as ever! They've been on the run from the British government for six months now, and "It's time to stop running." Danny has grown tired of his grandfather's ever-present routines to avoid discovery, and nearly gets killed when he deviates from the routine while staying in Spain. So once again, they're on the run. But Marcie Devoureux still has plans for the two, and contacts them with a deal and a way back to Britain. Elena, Danny's best friend, is still helping them as much as she can, but Marcie knows who she is and has included Elena in her fiendish plan. Will Danny and Fergus finally find evidence of Fergus's opperation as a K? Will they once again fool Fincham before he or his SAS team kills them?... You'll have to read it to find out!

I quite liked this book, it is definitely my type of fiction! I gave it four stars because I felt it was dragging slightly at points. I love the detail put into it, and how the authors incorporated all of the military lingo. If you like lots of action and military precision and detail, you will certainly like this book. I recommend this to anyone who leans towards action- packed thrill rides for this is certainly in that catagory!

7 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

Great review, Ian. Sounds interesting especially if you like spy stories, etc. I've ordered the final two in the 4-book series for the library!

George Morejon said...

Sounds good. I liked the first one and might ended up reading the second one sometime because it's in Spain.

Aspen Gates said...

Nice review Ian however, I'm not going to read it though.

Sarah Gnefkow said...

Not my type of book but good review!

George Morejon said...

Haha your reviews tell almost nothing

Halea Coulter said...

I don't feel like starting the series

Hope Austin said...

This doesn't sound like a series I'd want to read.