Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hold Me Closer, Necromancer - a review by George Morejon

Hold Me Closer, Necromancer
by Lish McBride
**** stars

Hold Me Closer, Necromancer starts off introducing Sam and his 3 friends, Ramon, Brooke, and Frank. They all work at a McDonald's like fast food place and love to slack off and fool around. One day this becomes a problem when a game gone wrong leads to Sam being tracked by a strange, terrifying man. After being scared out of his life when a man attacks him, he thinks he's finally safe... Until he gets the most disturbing message of his life telling him to met a man named "Douglas" at the zoo, where he finds out what he really is: a necromancer.

This took me about 6,5 hours to read. From the first chapter i liked this book. The way the kids acted was really relatable and hilarious at the same time. It reminded me of Going Bovine, although the writing style wasn't as good. The necromancer thing wasn't something I had ever read, but the way that so many people he talked to knew just what he was talking about kinda surprised me. I felt bad to the person that 'had' the message, but her reaction was pretty positive in their outlook.

7 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

All these paranormal books! I'm glad you liked this one, it did sound interesting!

Hope Austin said...

I really want to read this one, glad it didn't disappoint.

Amy Lyon said...

I do like paranormal, but this doesn't sound so good.

Halea Coulter said...

I think it sounds dumb, but I would read it just to get the tone of the author.

Aspen Gates said...

Cannot wait to read this one the story seems like it's very interesting.

Ian Zig. said...

just from what you told me about it and your reaction, I kinda want to read it!

Sarah Gnefkow said...

This sounds pretty good, not my kind of book, but I might actually end up reading it.