Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Where the Heart Is-- A reviewby Sarah Gnefkow

Where the Heart Is

By Billie Letts

**** 1/2

Novalee Nation is a hardworking, yet unlucky, girl. She finds herself in a bind every time she is associated with the number seven. Ever since her seventh birthday, when her mom ran away, she knew that seven was her unlucky number. Novalee seventeen and seven months pregnant was traveling with her boyfriend to California when she needed to stop in a Wal-Mart. As she was leaving she went to the the cashregister and her change was $7.77, immediately she knew that meant something bad. As she ran outside she noticed her boyfriend had left her and she was stranded in a place where she knew no one. Novalee thinks that her life is over at this point and she has no idea what is going to happen with her or her baby. What she doesn't expect is that she will meet people who will care about her and love her to the greatest extent.

I loved this book so much. Just like the movie it was unforgettable and moving. I gave it four and a half stars because number one it was amazing but also it got slow at some parts. The thing I like about it is it keeps you on your toes for the most part. If you like stories with characters who seem to have a serious of unfortunate events, with happy endings, you will love this book! I recommend this to anyone who likes drama and a lot of stuff going on.


5 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

Great book and good movie -- I'm glad you liked it too. Good review.

Ian Zig. said...

I saw the movie for this, it was awesome! wish I had time to read it

George Morejon said...

Appearantly this was a movie that was somewhat popular. Might go rent it now

Halea Coulter said...

I really like the movie, but I've seen it so many times I'm not sure if I feel like reading the book.

Hope Austin said...

I've only seen part of the movie and didn't really get it. I understand it a little better now!