Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I Am Number 4--- a review by Amy Lyon

I Am Number 4
by Pittacus Lore
****

Nine Loriens--aliens from the planet Lorien--have come to Earth after their natural resources were destroyed by the Mondagorians. The Mondagorians destroyed their own planet--Mondagore--and hoped to restore it with Lorien resources, but that failed and now they've come to Earth. The Mondagorians are no longer concerned with the welfare of Mondagore, they plan to take over Earth, and in the process kill the nine Loriens taking refuge on Earth. They've succeeded in killing three and now they're after number 4. This is his story.

I am Number 4 was an interesting twist on the paranormal love scene(normal girl falls for paranormal guy). Number 4, currently going by John, is confused about his identity. He is Lorien, but he's only really known Earth. He and his Cepan, Henri, move and change names a lot to stay ahead of the Mondagorians. This novel is more about John's self discovery than the war between aliens, the war the Earth may soon be a part of. The characters were a bit predictable, but overall the book was good and the plot kept me reading. I can't wait for the next in this series. I would definitely recommend this book.

11 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

Are you planning to see the movie? I wonder if he lives :) or if they skip over him and go on to Number Five? Good review.

Aspen Gates said...

I definitely want to read this book before I watch the movie so who ever has the book checked out return it to the library already LOLZ.

Sarah Gnefkow said...

Yeah it sounds pretty good I might have to check it out.

Ian Zig. said...

sounds like something I'd like

George Morejon said...

My friend's summary of the movie makes much more sense now after reading your review

Hope Austin said...

Yeah, I don't think I'll read this one.

Amy Lyon said...

I definitely want to see the movie, and not just because the guy is cute :)

Halea Coulter said...

The guy is cute! I want to see the movie! So I may as well read the book.....if it's ever in the library again that is...

Kelsie Leathers said...

I saw the movie and loved it so I really want to read the book because the books are always better.

Anonymous said...

Thought the movie was great.
I wonder if there will be a sequal with Number 7

Anonymous said...

I thought it was a great movie.