Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Angelfire --- a review by Amy Lyon


Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton

****stars


Ellie has had nightmares for as long as she can remember, but now things are escalating. And after the murder of her economics teacher, Ellie meets a strange guy, Will, who seems to have taken a special interest in her. Then one night, Ellie is out in her front yard, when Will mysteriously shows up "to talk". Not long after, an unrecognizable monster arrives wanting blood(specifically Ellie's). When Will touches Ellie's forehead, her mind goes blank except for the need to kill this thing and swords appear out of nowhere, enabling her to succeed. Ellie wakes up hoping that everything was a dream, but no such luck. Ellie just entered a war thats lasted thousands of years, and it seems she's been fighting in it from the beginning.

Angelfire is an interesting twist on the new fallen angel genre recently exploding in fiction. It seemed predictable at first, but I can honestly say that I didn't expect the ending. I actually liked the main character, she wasn't the typical twit(thank gawd). I can't wait for the second in this trilogy.

6 comments:

TheBookNurse said...

Is this one that you think I should buy for the library?

Halea Coulter said...

I'm not interested, but thats because i feel like the angel thing is going to end up way overdone like vampires were

Aspen Gates said...

Well this is definitely my kind of book I hope you get this Ms. Crawford

Hope Austin said...

I have a feeling angels are going to become the Next Big Thing, but I'll pass.

Ian Zig. said...

hmmm.. that sounds kinda good..

Sarah Gnefkow said...

It sounds okay just not my cup of tea.